Yerba Mate Colon Special Selection
Brewing Hot Mate
We will provide full instructions with each purchase of yerba mate Colon but here are the instructions how to brew hot mate:
- Fill to 3/4 your mate cup with loose leaf yerba. Place the palm of your hand over the mate cup, shake and return to an upright but slanted position
- Add a little cold water into one half of the yerba and allow to soak in for 2 minutes
- Now add to the same side a little hot water and allow to soak in again
- Use the bombilla (metal straw) to create a bridge between the dry and wet side
- Insert the bombilla into the wet side
- Serve hot water into the wet side, sip and keep repeating
This may seem a little complicated and it may be easier to see our photo guide on how to prepare hot yerba mate. This guide include a video
Brewing Iced Terere
Terere is Paraguay’s national drink. It is made with iced cold water and loose leaf yerba and further enhanced by adding herbs or mint to the yerba, and using juice instead of water.
To brew terere follow these steps:
- Fill your mate cup to about 1/2 full with loose leaf yerba
- Add some cool water and allow to soak for 2 minutes. This enhances the flavour as it infuses
- Add ice, herbs, fruit etc as suits your personal taste.
- Fill with iced water or juice, sip and repeat
here is our photo guide on how to prepare iced terere.