With the weather getting warmer we need something delicious to cool us down! These dulce de leche icecream popsicles are irresistible. And as with all of our recipes the emphasis is on EASY! It will take about 5 minutes to prepare and then once frozen they are ready to enjoy.
- Dulce de Leche 350g
- 1 packet instant dessert topping*
- 150ml milk
*I used Birds instant topping, but any type of whip dessert will work such as angel delight, instant mousse
Buy dulce de leche
Making the dulce de leche ice cream mixture
- First add the cold milk to a jug and then the instant topping
- Whisk until stiff
- Fold in the dulce de leche, reserve a couple of spoonfuls to decorate
- Whisk again just briefly in order to combine the dulce de leche into the mixture
Form the dulce de leche icecream popsicles:
- Spoon a little dulce de leche into the mould
- Spread it out a little, it doesn’t need to be even
- Fill the mould with the ice cream mix
Note I used a silicon mould with wooden sticks, so the sticks need to be inserted into the mould after it is closed. But apply whatever method is needed for your ice cream mould. If you don’t have a mould you could just freeze in a container with dulce de leche swirled into the mix and serve as regular ice cream instead of popsicles.
Once frozen it will be a fairly soft popsicle as the dulce de leche ice cream isn’t the type that will freeze extremely hard. After a few hours you will find you can easily remove the popsicles from the mould and they are ready to enjoy in the sunshine!