Dulce de Leche Recipe: Easy Mousse
Dulce le Leche is a delicious South American milk-caramel spread that is truly irresistable. Made by condensing milk with sugar for hours, this tasty sauce is an important ingredient in many many desserts. Try this recipe for a dulce de leche mousse, you’ll see how easy it is: extremely simple you’ll be done in 10 minutes flat!
Dulce de Leche Recipe: Ingredients:
- 200g Dulce de Leche
- 400ml Double Cream
- Pinch of Salt
- A little extra dulce de leche to decorate
Dulce de Leche Recipe: Method
Whip the double cream with the salt until soft peaks form. Fold in the dulce de leche gently. Divide the mixture into several small bowls or one large bowl as required. Refrigerate until firm, approximately 45 minutes. Add a small dollop of dulce de leche on each mousse to decorate.
- You could use catering dulce de leche (repostero/pastelero) this has a much stronger flavour and is a lot thicker
- Add fillings such as chopped banana, tinned peaches. Simply mix them into the mixture before leaving to set
- Add a chocolate and nut topping. Melt cooking chocolate and pour over the top after the mouse has set. Before the chocolate sets sprinkle some chopped nuts
- Freeze the mousse for a lovely home made dulce de leche ice cream
- Spoon the mousse onto a cake or biscuit base and decorate with banana to make a banoffee mousse cake