Dulce de Leche Layer Cake
Impress your friends and family with this simple to make and impressive dulce de leche layer cake. Made from a base of pancakes there is no baking involved. And filled with creamy and delicious dulce de leche this is a dessert treat to die for!
For the pancakes:
- 280g plain flour
- 8 eggs
- 400ml milk
- 100g melted butter
- vegetable oil or butter for frying
For the filling
- 2 jars Onda-Onda Dulce de leche (gives a little spare for tasting!)
The above recipe gave a 14 layer cake approximately 8 inches round. The first step is to make the batter and fry the pancakes. This is the step that takes the most time but its simple and fun, especially if preparing with children.
The pancakes are then layered alternately with creamy Onda-Onda dulce de leche.
To make the pancakes
- First put the flour into a mixing bowl
- Add the eggs and beat into the flour
- Add the gradually, beating all the while
- Whisk in the melted butter
- Heat a little oil or butter in a frying pan. Note the size of frying pan will be the size of your cake. We chose a fairly small one to have a taller cake with more layers
- Pour in some pancake batter and fry for approximately 30 seconds on each side
- Repeat until all the batter is used up, allow to cool
To make the cake
- Layer alternately 1 pancake, then spread with dulce de leche
- Repeat until all the pancakes are used
- Use foil to wrap around the cake firmly. This will keep it in shape.
- Refrigerate until firm, about an hour minimum
Once cooled in this way, you can remove the foil and the cake will remain firm. Cut and serve!