A fabulously easy recipe for dulce de leche Macaroons with shredded coconut. If you’re looking for a simple recipe that is also delicious and a real crowd pleaser then look no further! It is literally so simple that it can be made by a 2 year old.
And with both of the two ingredients being non-perishable, it is something you can always have in the pantry and reach for when a dessert is required at short notice. It also makes for a great holiday activity to do with children.
The result are lovely individually served macaroons with a chewy texture and aromatic, sweet taste.
- 350g Dulce de Leche (we used Onda-Onda Dulce de Leche)
- 350g Shredded Coconut
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Simply mix the coconut together with the dulce de leche until completely mixed in
- Taking approximately a heaped tablespoon amount of mixture, shape with hands into a pattie or other desired shape. We used cup cake sleeves to make them easier to serve but this is optional
- Bake for 10 minutes. If not golden brown, bake for another 2-3 minutes
- Allow to cool completely and serve, or store in an air tight container