Who can resist a dulce de leche smoothie with banana? Banana and dulce de leche are a match made in heaven! A classical taste duo, you can’t go wrong by blending them together in whatever drink or dessert you choose to make.
- 1 Banana (preferably a ripe one)
- Large tablespoon of Dulce de Leche
- Approx 200ml of whole milk
Optional enhancement – freeze a sliced banana and use it in the smoothie to give a frozen texture.
Makes 1 large glass of smoothie, so double up the recipe for more glasses.
Throw everything into the liquidiser for a few seconds. If you don’t have a liquidiser a stick blender will work fine.
The result is a delicious dulce de leche smoothie with just the right blend of banana and caramel – enjoy!
Smoothies are a great way to get a power snack, or maybe even a light meal replacement if you’re in a rush. There are a huge variety of type of nutrition and taste you can pack into a smoothie. Here are some ideas:
- Thirst Quencher: icy, water based fruit smoothie, such as frozen watermelon with acai
- Pick-me up: energy packed with nutrients and slow release energy such as the Banana and Dulce de Leche smoothie in this blog post
- Meal replacement: try yoghurt, banana, granola and milk when you’re in a rush at breakfast
- Veggie Smoothie: great for packing in the vitamins, and not too sweet. Cooked vegetables can lose vitamins through the cooking process so raw vegetables are the very best for a smoothie. Try Spinach, Asparagus, Grapes & Kiwi