What a taste combination made in heaven! Why not try this great and simple dessert recipe this spring. With only 3 ingredients it is the perfect end to any meal and can be left cooking while you eat.
I have found that dulce de leche and peach is a really excellent combination, two flavours that really go well together.
In the past I have done many desserts that combine these two ingredients. But so far I had never tried just using the peaches nearly in tact and making it more of a fruit-based dessert with enhancement from the dulce de leche. Well it definitely worked!
You will need peaches that are reasonably soft. For the coconut milk, I used a powdered form to which you add water to get coconut milk. But this was only because I didn’t have regular canned coconut milk to hand. The canned coconut milk is exactly the same.
Similarly I tried a couple without the coconut milk and just with dulce de leche and it was really tasty too. So I would treat the coconut milk as optional if you don’t have any, or if you don’t like it.
350g Dulce de Leche
200ml Thick Coconut Milk
1) Cut the peaches in half and remove the stones
2) Bake at 180c until soft. Around 20-30 mins
3) Combine the dulce de leche and coconut milk until smooth
4) Drizzle the peaches with a little of the dulce de leche sauce and return to the heat for 5 minutes
5) Serve hot with more dulce de leche sauce and decorate with mint (optional)