Yerba Mate La Bombilla
Full instructions will be provided with every purchase of yerba mate La Bombilla but the way to brew hot mate is as follows:
- Fill your mate cup to around 3/4 with loose leaf yerba. Cover with the palm of your hand and shake, returning the cup to a slanted position
- Add some cold water to one side and allow to stand for a couple of minutes to soak in
- Add some hot water to the same side and allow to stand for a couple of minutes to soak in
- Use the bombilla (metal straw) to accentuate the divide between dry and wet side
- Insert the bombilla into the wet side
- Serve hot water into the wet side, sip and keep repeating
This may seem a little complicated so do see our photo guide on how to prepare hot yerba mate.
Brewing Iced Terere
Terere is popular in Paraguay. The basics are loose leaf yerba served with iced cold water. It is further enjoyed by enhancements such as adding herbs or mint to the yerba, and using juice instead of water.
To brew terere follow these steps:
- Fill around 1/2 of your mate cup loose leaf yerba, ideally of a high stem content
- Add a little cool water for a couple of minutes to infuse and enhance the flavour
- Add ice cubes, fruit, herbs etc as desired
- Fill with iced juice or water, sip and then repeat
Again you can see our photo guide on how to prepare iced terere.